FDA Authorizes Gilead's Remdesivir for COVID-19

When I was tasked with writing the CSR shells for MERCK's Hepatitis C drug ZEPATIER® in the battle to go head to head with  Gilead Sciences' (NASDAQ:GILD  Harvoni I mused about putting a dart board at my desk with  the GILD ticker symbol in the center. Again with Seqirus/CSL Behring I find myself competing with GILD as we race to help provide health care practitioners (HCPs) with drug therapies.

That's all to say happy to see any pharma company making strides and was pleased the FDA  granted an Emergency Use Authorization (EUA) to )for Gilead Sciences' remdesivir. Remdesivir hasn't been formally approved to treat any disease, but the US government's action via the FDA authorizes HCPs to use it on a temporary basis  to treat hospitalized patients with severe COVID-19. Read the full article at the Motley Fool.